Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Show Me The Ropes


First, some good news: The Hype Machine seems to be worth all of its hype. In a move that suggests listening skills sorely lacking in certain politicians and people I know, the display setting on the site has changed again to a more egalitarian form, following massive protests from users and blog owners. I hope that this matter will continue to be dealt with in the same serious and responsible manner.

Second, I want to join in the hype around the New York City based duo, The Ropes. It's fun joining an ongoing hype now and again, but only if the hype is justified - and I think there is a good reason here. Sharon Shy and multi-instrumentalist Toppy, the mentioned duo, create fun and catchy indie rock/electronic with the potential to appeal to more commercial crowds while keeping their own sound (as they have done already on several EPs and LPs).

Check out The Ropes on their website, MySpace, Facebook and last.fm for more streamable tracks and info. Get their EPs and LP on their store.

The Ropes - Be My Gun {MP3} (from Be My Gun EP)
The Ropes - Kitty Get Down {MP3} (from Be My Gun EP)

No comments: